1. Is a member of the Executive Committee.
2. Carries 1 Vote on the Board of Directors and Executive committee regardless if position is combined with Secretary.
3. Gives regular reports to the board on the financial state of the Society.
4. Acts as signing officer, with another officer, for cheques and other documents.
5. Maintains accurate financial records for the Society.
6. Ensures that deposits for the money, drafts, and cheques in the name of the Society and to the credit of the Society are completed in the banks and depositories designated by the board. This task may be delegated to the Centre Director.
7. Prepares and signs all taxable gift receipts;
8. Ensures copies of all deposits are provided to the account/bookkeeper;
9. Ensures all journal entries are correctly posted to coordinating expense and revenue categories;
10. Disburse Society funds and issue or designate the issuance of checks and drafts in the name of the Society as ordered by the board;
11. Upon request, provide the President and the Board an account of transactions by the treasurer and of the financial conditions of the Society;
12. Approve all invoices to be paid by the Society;
13. Ensures the preparation of organization of monthly
financial statements in a timely manner for the Board.
14. Supervises the bookkeeper, if one is engaged.
15. Manages finances of the organization.
16. Administrates fiscal matters of the organization.
17. Drafts and provides annual budget to the board for members' approval following consultation from the individual committee chairs as to their needs.
18. Ensures development and board review of financial policies and procedures.
19. Be assured that the Board and its committee's are adequately and currently informed – through reports and other methods – of the condition of the Society and its operations.
20. Be assured that reports properly reflect the operating results and financial condition of the Society.
21. Ascertain that management has established appropriate policies to define and identify conflicts of interest throughout the Society, and is diligently administering and enforcing those policies.
22. Appoint independent auditors subject to approval by members.
23. Perform other duties prescribed by the Board or by the President.
Note: Suggest downloading a copy of the Financial Accountability Handbook from the federation of Calgary Communities