1. Be a member in good standing with the Society.
2. Hold one vote per motion at each board meeting.
3. Understand and accept responsibilities of Board membership.
4. Know and understand the mission and vision of the Society.
5. Speaks positively of the Society and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees and collaborating organizations to enhance the Societys mission.
6. Commits to the work of the Society.
7. Attends and actively participates in meetings of the Board by being prepared and arriving on time.
8. Shares in responsibilities of committees and fundraising activities.
9. Contributes expertise.
10. Prepares and presents required reports at board meetings as required from committee work.
11. Advocates for the Society and its purpose to youth and members of the community.
12. Can participate from time to time in committees which hire, supervise, and support staff members in consultation with the Program Coordinator.
13. Advises the Board of Directors when they may be in a position of conflict of interest.
14. Orients new Board members.
15. Reviews the boards conduct and monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies and other fiduciary duties.